Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Nights.....................................



I found this great pic of one of the funny pics websites that I pull things from. Very clever and somewhat relevant to what is going on in the world today. Don't you think so?





Liverpool made it through to the group phase of the Champions League and the draw was last night. Liverpool have been drawn in a group with Galatasaray, PSV Eindhoven and Bordeaux. We should be able to get to the next phase, but I think the most difficult team will be PSV. Galatasaray will be difficult in Turkey, but we have played them before and it should be a good game.


The next two weeks I am going to be busier than usual. I have 4 classes everyday from Mon to Thu with no breaks. I was asked to do them as the special classes that are carrying on from the morning intensive still have 2 more weeks to go. I don't mind the classes as the kids are generally very bright and it is mostly getting them to speak more comfortably and with proper grammar and more 'natural' sounding vocabulary.

They have all read a novel during the 4 week intensive period too, so I get to have a class on Friday's talking about the novel and checking the question book that they have that goes along with the novel. It is quite challenging for them and I actually enjoy the classes.

I probably won't have much time to blog during the week, but I will try my best to blog sometime for you avid readers..... hehe. One thing that I must do is buy a new camera sometime in the next little while. The cameras here are really cheap and very good. For a good brand and good quality, you are looking around the 200 to 250 dollar range.

That will be one of the newer models that are smaller and have some new bells and whistles. For that money though, you can't expect too much!!!!

Things are going great on the personal front. Very happy that I don't have to work mornings anymore, but if I had to do it again, I think I would be okay to get my head around it.

I have to do it again in the Winter, as there is also a Winter intensive period as the kids get 4 weeks off in the Winter as well as 4 in the summer.

It will probably be the same kind of style and same hours. It will be at the end of or middle of January and it will be just before I finish my contract on Feb 5th.

I am stilll going hard at the gym, but backed off the weights for a few days as my arm was still a little sore, but not as sore as in the past.

I ran 7.8kms last night in 53mins and the only reason that I stopped at that time was because my sweat got on one of the controls on the treadmill and shut it off. I have a towel with me at all times, but the sweat that comes off of me is unbelievable. I can lose up to 4 or 5 lbs after a run.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but it is the truth. I weigh myself before I go on the treadmill and after I finish. Numerous times I have dropped 5lbs or a little less.

I am slowly losing the layer of fat that was surrounding me and everything is starting to fit a little looser, even my t-shirts.

I have hardly any clothes right now and it is driving me mad. I hate the ones that I have, but will not buy much here due to the cut of the clothes. They are either way too tight in the shoulders and back or way to big like a tent. Korean men are somewhat slighter than the average Western build, so for a big man like myself, or is that fat, it is a problem.

I am going to wait until I go back to Canada with an empty suitcase. One of my main goals when I go there is to shop shop shop. Clothes and vitamins are at the top of my list as well as a few other things. I am saving my money just for that purpose.

I am sure Mum and Dad will help me find some good bargains and my Mum will find some great styles for me. She has a great eye for what suits both my sister and I and I can't remember how many times that some of the clothes that she has bought for me, people have commented on how they liked them!!!

So get ready Mum and Dad! We are going shopping when I get back there. I know you won't mind at all. One of your favourite things to do, isn't it. Our Jackie will gladly be in there as well. She even told me a few months ago that she has already spotted a few things that will be good for me. I need to shop for Spring clothes and Summer even though it will be Winter there when I go. That will be a challenge. Are the Campbells and the Yigitiozs up to it?

Friday is a good day for me now in school. I only have 2 classes, hence the blog now! One of my Friday classes was given to one of the other teachers to lighten my load on Friday due to the 4 classes everyday Mon to Fri. I have a break, one class, break and final class. I also can get caught up on my essay marking and inputing all the scores for homework and tests into the Avalon database.

All the teachers now have to input our daily scores for every class into the Avalon database. It is not difficult, but takes time. It is all in Korean too, except for a few key words that help us get around the website. I can access it from home too, if I am that hard pressed to enter the marks, which I am not!!!!!

Saturday night, Dave and I are going to venture into Seoul again and go to Itaewon and probably Kangnam. Should be a good night and we will meet some babes, I am sure!!! Dave with his Korean magnetism and myself with my charming personality. Don't puke now everyone....................

Today was absolutely pissing down. I got soaked not walking in the rain, but at the bus-stop when a bus drove by and drenched me. Then another car drove by about 20 seconds later and did the exact same thing! Quite funny really!!! My feet are still soaking wet now and my pants are just starting to dry out. I was initially a bit miffed, but after thinking about it for a minute or so, I started to laugh and thought, "it is only rain, enjoy it!"

When it rains here, it is unbelievable. It rains like a madman and then just stops. When it is raining, most of the catch-basins can't keep up with the amount of water going into them. Not because they are small, it is just the volume of rain that comes down. It is cool to see and look out the window at.

Being single is awesome. I am really enjoying my own space and keep thinking why I did the relationship thing for so long. I want to make sure that I analyze myself in that respect so that I don't do it again! I feel so free now and like one of my mates in Pusan, Stu from Liverpool said, "I like doing my own thing!"

Off I go to class to enjoy my students who keep me young. Have a good Friday everyone. It will be Friday night by the time most of you read this blog....... that still is so freaky to think about sometimes; day in one place, but night in another.



2 comments:

Dave Anjema said...

yeah, I think you should get that camera so you can start taking pics of your new figure

Anonymous said...

Dear Paul.....

I was away in England, last week, and I am just catching up on your blog.

I was in the pub on Saturday, watching the Liverpool and Westham game.

Liverpool's new signing, Dirk Kuyt is an absolute winner, and he is going to be one of their best players.

Bob