Thursday, August 03, 2006

Back To Work After 3 Days Off

So back to reality today. I have just finished my 2 morning classes and they were okay. I am back into the rhythm of it again.... doesn't take long.

After 3 days off, it doesn't feel like I have been away for that long. The one class that I am teaching debate too is a little stressful, as I am learning it at the same time as them and also some of the students didn't do the prep work for today, i.e. Didn't write their essay. Most of these students are not regulars at Avalon, so we don't have to be as tough on them per say.



Thursday is a full day for me. 6 classes and only one break of an hour and a half between the two morning classes and then the next four, which finish at 8pm.

My computer went on the blink last night again. This time I think there is something wrong with the hard-drive as the pc started making a funny noise, like something was loose. It won't boot up and that is why I think the hard-drive is pooched. I will see how much it is to get it fixed, but am not too optomistic about it. I might have to buy another one. If I do, it will be a refurbished one and nothing too expensive. At the end of my contract in February, I will buy one when I get back to Canada, if worst comes to worst.

The weather here is humid still, but talking to my Mum and Dad, they said it was about 40 there with the humidity. It is not that bad here, but the a/c is working well at the apartment, so no worries there.

The three day holiday was good. I did a little of everything, but not too much of everything. Saturday night, Dave and I went to Itaewon and we met a couple of girls there. We ended up going for some food and drinks with them and then to the singing room. We got home at around 6am. I got up at 10am though for an appointment that I had, so it was a good time had by all. One of the girls really liked me, but as I said before, I am not interested in dating in the least at the moment. Can't be bothered to give anyone my time or money at the moment. I will be friendly of course and maybe go on a casual date. The two girls that we met are best friends, so that would be nice if we went out together again. I think it will happen as the four of us got along very well. One of the girls speaks English very well and the other doesn't speak at all. One is an English teacher and the other is a ballet teacher. The one that likes me is the ballet teacher and the English teacher likes Dave. We shall see what happens anyway.

This Saturday afternoon, Dave and I and Billy and maybe another fella are going up to a condo that we rented for the weekend. It is right by the beach. I don't know where it is yet, but Dave will give Billy and I the directions to get up there, as we are not leaving until Saturday afternoon. It is supposed to be about 3 hours or so from here.




No comments: