Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Reds Are In Kiev and I Am Back To The Grind!

Robbie puts one in to give us a well deserved 1-1 tie at Sheffield. I never watched the match, but my Mum and Dad told me that in the first half they were a little groggy, but the second half they were all over the Blades.





I have been trying to watch the highlights on my pc, but it has been breaking up a lot due to me downloading torrent files. Once I turned them off, the pc ran like a normal fast whiz machine. I guess when you are downloading about 20G at a time, it tends to slow it down a bit.... haha!!!



I wanted to put this cover of Metallica on my blog as I had such a good time at the concert last Tuesday. They really overawed me with their energy and excellent musicmanship for the whole time they were on stage. I will definitely see them again if I get the chance.
I am curious to know how many people were at the concert, not that it matters that much. I just want to know what the numbers are like in Korea for metal concerts and for the bands coming here in the future.
Morning classes are over now, but I am going to be busy for the next 3 weeks until the whole Chongshim special classes are done. That means that I have 3 classes on Monday and Wednesday and the other days, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, no breaks all day....... I can do it, but I am sure it will be physically challenging for the next little while.
I was approached by my director this week and asked if I had considered being a head teacher. I was told that they are expanding schools at Avalon and they might be interested in me going to one of them. I am a little interested to tell you the truth. It would mean a little more money and less teaching of classes, but more responsibility as far as technical and administrative duties go.
I am going to mull over it as I would like to try it at least for a little while. The only problem that I have is the time off when I finish at the end of my contract. I want at least 3 weeks of so that I can see Mum and Dad and our Jackie and the family. Also I want to go to England for a week to see my Uncles and Aunts and cousins.
We shall see what happens anyway, you never know. Richard my director was even hinting that my vacation time could be used in conjunction with the time off after the contract and that way I could get the time that I needed.
Keep reading the blog to see what happens in the future anyway. I think it would be a good challenge for me and look really good on a resume in the future for teaching ESL anywhere, especially at such a good school and the size of it also.

Liverpool are playing tonight and they must win to progress into the real 'Champions League' part of the tournament, worth in excess of 10 million dollars!!! They go with a 2-1 lead from the first leg and the game is in Kiev due to the whole Israelly thing.
Israel are cheeky bastards thinking that anyone would want to play a game in Israel with all the going on there at the moment. We need a tie or a win to go through. I will be watching it live on my e-season ticket as they are offering live video again.
Once the tournament starts, if we get into it, they won't have it available for anyone due to the Champions League agreements and money pay outs for broadcasting any or part of the games. Go Ye Reds!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Dave Anjema said...

I can't believe the Israeli press were hounding Benitez on changing the venue to Kiev! It was the UEFAs decision anyways! Lets hope they trounce those buggers tonight!

Anonymous said...

About Head teacher...
You should really consider this as it will be an awesome experience!
I have always seen you teaching high school or university students!
Your brain is a terrible thing to waste!!

Anonymous said...

what a great opportunity Paul to become head teacher it might open a lot more avenues for you and you know what son you deserve it as you are a hard worker and you would make a great HEAD!!!lots of love. Mum oxoxox