Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Metallica And Tool Here We Come!!!

Great news today! A bunch of us from work are going to see Metallica and Tool plus whatever other bands in Seoul this afternoon.

It is a holiday here today. It is Korean Independence Day. We went in this morning for 2 classes, but we get an extra day off in October, which is quite cool by me!

Scott, myself, a new fella Patrick and maybe Danny are heading into Seoul at 4pm. The doors open about 5pm and we can go scope out the scene and maybe grab some food before the concert.

I have never seen Metallica or Tool who are both meant to be awesome in concert. I have been a long time fan of Metallica and had one cd by Tool; Opiate. It should be a great time and what an opportunity to see both those bands in Asia.

The tickets range from 80-100-120 dollars. About the norm compared to Canada and America. We will decide what seats we want when we get to the stadium. The concert is being held in the Olympic Stadium, which was also used for the World Cup back in 2002 also.

I am just getting ready to go and thought I would do a quick blog and tell you all about it once I get back. I think we will have a great time. How can we not? Music, heavy metal and friends. I will not drink though, don't worry!!!!

Went to the gym earlier and got my workout out the way, so no feelings of guilt while being at the concert. I lifted a bit more today and feel a little less sore than in the past. I have to be careful not to overdue it though. Getting stronger is okay, but not at the cost of the elbow having a setback. It is feeling stronger everyday and more flexible. I have the odd occassional twinge from it, but other than that, it is coming along quite well. I don't have the pins and needles in the fingers very often anymore.

No comments: