Monday, September 04, 2006

Monday Comes Around Much Too Quickly!

Some weekends feel like they just came and went; that is how I felt this weekend.
I had a great time, but it just felt like that I had not even got started and then back to work.


I had a full weekend as usual. I started off the whole thing on Friday night after school by going home first and getting changed and then meeting Dave again at Dublin's.

It ended up being a good night. We just chilled there listening to music and talking to Travis, an American friend of ours. Travis is always such an interesting guy to talk to and add to that, he has been in Korea for over 6 years. He has a Korean girlfriend and he is actually paying for her to do her Masters at an all women's university here in Seoul. She was picked out of about 50 girls to a program and there are only 2 other girls in the program with her.

Travis is a physchology major as well as other things and a very interesting guy to talk to. He has travelled almost all over the world and he did it while he was very young. He went to a very good university, I think somewhere like Harvard or an Ivy League school.... not sure.




He has a very unique tone to his conversations and should really be a commentator or something. He is very funny and is great company to hang out with. He said, when we met him a few weeks ago, he doesn't go out much. I have seen him over 4 or 5 times since then!!!!! I took the piss out of him over that on Friday.

I got him fairly late on Saturday morning, but got up early to go to the gym where Dave works out. Dave met me at the main intersection once I got off the bus and showed me where it was. It is a great place and I now have the fitness club and public bath attached to it. The public bath is awesome. The steam room is kick-ass and the place itself is awesome.

The gym has the treadmills with the tv's built right into them and are very modern. Also all the equipment and the dumbells are all fairly new and the place is very clean and spacious. Dave says that the place is never really busy, just steady most of the time.

With both the gym and the public bath included, it cost me 10 dollars more a month than what I was paying for the gym right by me. I can get to the gym by one bus with a little walk or by the subway and another small bus.

In all it takes me about 20 minutes from door to door to get there. I don't mind that at all to have the sauna to use everyday. The sauna is open 24 hours and the gym closes at 11pm at night. I still have time after work to go there and have a quick run and the bus stops right outside my school that I can get to the gym on.




This weekend went by so quickly though. I am heading to the sauna right after work tonight, which is about 15 mins after I finish writing this.

The new semester starts next week. We have no idea what classes we will be teaching and what levels. That will be known probably the day of the classes. This week will be total review and of course, I have no breaks until Friday. The new schedule is supposed to be kinder to me, as Wayne said I worked my bollocks off and took the extra classes for the last 2 weeks. Let's hope it rings true.

Liverpool have a busy next week and half or so after this weekend. Macedonia hosts England on Wednesday and then on Saturday it is the local Merseyside derby; Liverpool vs Everton. After that we have PSV Eindhoven away in the Champions League and then after that we play Chelsea. Also this weekend Man U are playing Tottenham, which is big here in Korea because both teams boast a Korean player.

Park Ji Song from Man U and Ee Yong Pyo for Tottenham. All eyes will be peeled on that game on the weekend in Korea. Add to that the Reading game and maybe the Chelsea game.

Dave and I will watch the Liverpool game in Itaewon next Saturday and at the same time, attend a fundraise for Andrew's friend who is running an orphange/school in Cambodia. The whole thing sounds so cool and I want to show up after the match and donate a little something and find out more about the whole thing.

I just found out on the weekend too that Kyle gives money for some African child and has been doing it for a while. I told him about the Cambodian thing and he said that would be right up his alley too.

Nothing in this world feels better than benevolence and it is nice if you can give back some of the opulence that we deems as normal, back to the ones that don't have anything. I try to make a determined effort to think about how lucky I am on a daily basis, but unfortunately, I fall somewhat short at the best of times. I want to suss out this whole Cambodian thing and try to be a little part of it. Who knows, maybe go there in the future and help out a little by doing something worthwhile.

Don't worry though, it won't be sometime in the distant future that I go there, but it could be a long range ambition. I think I would like to teach in one of those not so rich countries and help out the humanitarian cause for the future of our planet.

Off now, talk to you later......................................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul if you went to Cambodia you would never find anything to fit you there at all!!! We off of now to Gus & Estelle's for dinner so it should be good because they are great cooks!!! Love you and miss you always. Mum oxoxoxoxo