Friday, September 22, 2006

On The Road To Recovery........ I Hope

As you all know, this week started off as yours truly being really sick, but I am happy to say now that I feel much better. I am still a little shaky at times and a little weak, but I have been back to the gym and ran twice already.

Tonight I ran another 5kms and felt a little weak, but didn't push myself too too much. I feel a hundred percent better than last weekend and have two more days of antibiotics before I am finished my medecine.

I am going to go back to the doctor on Saturday to make sure that my infection is gone. If not, then I will be asking him to give me more or stronger medecine.





This pic is one of aloe that they were selling on the street in Seoul. You see the likes of this everywhere in Korea. The traditional stands are part of the culture of Korea and as far as I know, you need no licence to sell anything, you just set yourself up and off you go.

Sometimes you see people arguing to try and get a good spot, but other than that, you don't generally see or hear anyone complaining about people selling or setting up anywhere. One fella the other day had his food wagon set up right in the middle of the bus stop. Anything goes sometimes.


The next pic is a typical fish tank with different types of fish to eat. Sometimes the fish in there are huge, other times some really exotic looking ones that I have never seen before. Some of the fish can be as high as a hundred dollars a piece, as they are very rare and a breed that is known for good eating.

Outside my building on the right side there is a specialized fish place that has about two or three tanks that sell all kinds of weird fish. I heard that the restaurant is a little expensive too, due to the different kinds of exotic fish also.


.



This pic is one of a mannequin wearing a traditional 'hanbok' as it is called in Korea. The store was a hanbok store that only sold and made their own designs and materials. They are mostly worn at weddings and traditional ceremonies. You can get them for both men and women of course.





Daniel at my school went home sick yesterday, so today we were short a teacher for four classes. They wanted me to do one of his classes and I told them that there was no way that the sick guy was filling in for the other sick guy.

I have tonsilitis and laryngitis and they are lucky that I even went to work this week. Anyone else would have been dead on their feet. So I stuck to my guns and it worked out well. I did my three classes and had my well deserved break, if you can call it that, as I was marking some of my 90 essays and inputing all the quiz scores for the whole time.

The director and the head teacher were really nice to me though. I don't think they realized how sick I was until I explained it to them. Richard, the director, came up to me twice today and asked me if I was feeling okay. Then at 9.20, which is when last class ends, Erin, the Korean head teacher, told me to go home and have a rest!!!!!!! So I got off 40 minutes earlier than usual.

I went to the gym and the sauna of course and then Dave and I went to Dublins to see the new pool table and the room that it is in. I drank some water of course. No booze going in me until I am completely recovered from my infection and even then, I want to wait until we go to Taiwan.

Dave paid for his ticket today and I will pay for mine tomorrow morning. Once I pay, they will send Dave the tickets by email and we are all set to go for 4 nights, 5 days. We leave early on Tuesday morning, October 3rd, so we will have that whole day to spend in Taiwan. We also come back in the afternoon on the Saturday, so we should have lots of time to explore things there and hopefully have a great relaxing holiday.

I haven't had a holiday in 2 years other than the 5 days in Tokyo, which was a trip to see Liverpool and not much fun as I had done my elbow in a week before I went. Plus it was expensive and cold and we didn't hardly sightsee at all.

Don't get me wrong, it was still worth going, but Taiwan will be a welcome rest from working my arse off for the last little while.

8 months, no sick days and no days off
.

No comments: