Friday, February 02, 2007

Homeward Bound........................





The last week or so has been a little crazy..... too much drinking and staying out way too late. I guess I could also say that it stems back to when Dave and I went to Ulsan. The party atmosphere began at that time really, now we are just carrying it on.




I just finished my last class at Avalon. I have no regrets and am not sad to leave any of the students. I know that might sound a little crass, but I am a gypsy at heart and need new challenges all the time. I enjoyed a lot of the kids and I wished them all a good life!




I have learnt a lot at Avalon. Not necessarily about teaching, but at least I have gained some experience with creating a curriculum, somewhat. I liked the style that Avalon used, but they were much too serious and the bottom line was always the same......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$




It was quite surprising considering the size of Avalon. I expected a smaller school to have more of a penny-pinching attitude; not Avalon. They have disappointed not only myself, but a ton of other teachers that have left or are still here.




Jason is going to another school. Tony is joining him in March after he finishes at Avalon. As I have said before, usually the quality of the school is reflected in how many 2nd year teachers or teachers that have been at the school longer than that. It speaks volumes about how the teachers are treated.




Anyway, I close another chapter in my life and start a new adventure tomorrow. My campus are taking us all out tonight for food and drinks, which will be nice. I have burnt no bridges here at Avalon and have actually got an awesome reference from them.




I bought a new camera today, after putting it off for the last 2 years. It is nice, but complicated and it will take me months to figure the thing out. It is small and compact and at least it works. Not like my last one that was hit and miss most of the time.
It is a Samsung and I like it! I will enjoy taking more pictures when I am out. This camera fits in your top pocket and is easy to have on your person.




Can't wait to get going now and see my family. It still seems a little surreal. I got my travellers cheques today and have everything packed and ready to go. I moved all my stuff last night and things are ready to go now.
All I need now is to pack away my alarm clock in the morning, once I wake up and then drop a bag off at Rebecca's place.
I will catch the bus from Bundang to Incheon about 11am. That will get me to Incheon for about 12ish and I fly to Narita, Japan at 2pm. I only have one carry-on like I said. It's nice to travel nice and light.



I will be seeing lots of people on my vacation and spending time with family and friends and just hanging out and catching up with their lives and likewise, they with mine. It will be nice to just get home and give everyone a nice big hug and kiss. I have missed them more than I realized and am itching to see them.



The derby between Liverpool and Everton will be taking place while I am flying. I hope that I find out that Liverpool wupped their arses. We need revenge after the 3-0 defeat the last time we played. Everton were lucky bastards then, but they won't be this time. They are running into a team that has only let 2 goals in, in the last 14 games or something in the Premiership.

No comments: