Monday, February 19, 2007

Saturday Night Fever!


Figured that I am in Canada, so a pic of Pierre Trudeau was relevant. His son is now into politics and was in London the other day giving a speech. I don't know if a lot of young people know the history about his wife; she actually had an affair with Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones!!!!!

Woke up at Mark and Jackie's and had a nice breakfast; beans, eggs, sausages, bacon and toast. I have had more breakfasts in the last week and a half than in the last 2 and a half years combined.......lol. This is Trudy(below), our Jackie's dog.



My sister Jackie came and picked me up at Mark's and then we decided to go to Home Depot to look at the mirror that I had wanted to buy her for Valentine's. My Mum had told me about this sun-mirror and that Jackie had liked the look of it when she saw it in Oshawa. Mum and Dad and I had checked in London and they had about a dozen of them. When I arrived in Oshawa, I went to the Home Depot in Whitby, but they had none. So Jackie and I went to the one on Taunton Rd and they had 2 left. It is now on the wall in the living room and I must say looks great.


After Home Depot, we went to Winner's and I bought our Jamie a nice t-shirt that Jackie picked out for him and I bought a belt, an AC/DC cap and a really nice long wool dress-coat. It is really nice and looks very smart. It was only 55 dollars as well. I have seen the same ones for 200 or more!!!!!!!! Our Jackie had spotted it of course........ My fashion designers came through again; Jackie and my Mum.

A pic below of our Jackie and Nuri looking at kitchen cupboars at IKEA in Scarborough. They are about to rip out the kitchen cupboards and totally renovate the whole thing. Nuri of course will be doing it all himself; a very talented man when it comes to anything that has to be built or fixed.



After the shops we came home and I sat with Nuri and watched the turkish football, or was that before we went to Home Depot? Can't remember to tell you the truth. Anyway, we watched two games on split screens on the t.v. Man U drew with Reading in the F.A. Cup, which was great.

Below is a picture of a Turkish restaurant that we went to in Scarborough. Great food!!!!!!!!



Jackie and I went and picked up our Katie at the library where she works. We then came home and our Jackie cooked a nice meatball, spaghetti dinner for all of us and Mark and Jackie. They only stayed about an hour or so. Mark's asthma was acting up and I think he was still hurting from the booze the night before. I was a little hungover, but comparing Mark and I size-wise, I should be able to handle my booze a little better.

Once they left, we watched a bit of the Leafs who won against the Oilers on the 40th anniversary of the last time they won the Stanley Cup!!!!!!!



Watched a bit of t.v. and our Katie and Jamie went out with their friends and our Jackie and Nuri went to bed about 11pm. I followed them a little later and read a little bit of a book that Jamie had in his room. I slept in Jamie's room as he usually goes on the computer downstairs and ends up sleeping on the couch down there most of the time.



I slept fairly well and enjoyed the heat in the bedroom...... Mum and Dad's upstairs has no heat and I am a penguin when I go up there. It doesn't really faze me to tell you the truth as I enjoy sleeping much more when I am cool than when I am hot. Don't end up with your tongue stuck to your throat with the artificial heat. There were a few days however that it was mighty mighty cold upstairs in the 'refrigerator!'

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

it's weird..the football is on during the day here! used to watching it at night or early hours of the morning!