Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Iknay On The Car, Eh!


There are always unexpected circumstances or surprises that present themselves to us. One of them involved the rental car that I was supposed to pick up today.


I got picked up at the house by the rental car company and it was only a 5 min drive to the depot, which was right around the corner.


Once I got there, I realized that there was an extra charge of 21 dollars a day for insurance, which meant that 140 dollars a week would be for insurance plus the cost of the rental. That meant that the total for 2 weeks would have been 690 odd dollars!!!!!


So, I though better of it and told the company that I was not going to take the car. That means that Dave and I will just rent a car for about 2 days or so next week to go to Ottawa and anywhere else that we want. It means that I am not mobile and won't be for the rest of my stay here in Canada........oh well!!!!!!!!


I am taking the VIA train to my sister's on Friday morning. I get the 11.45am train and get to Union Station about 3pm. I get the GO Train to Oshawa from there and arrive at about 3.45pm. I will spend the weekend with my sister and Nuri and the kids.


I will probably meet up with some other friends while I am there also. I just want to hang out though and relax as I have been doing since I got here minus the few distractions.


Enough for now anyway; carless in London!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

it's probably better not having a car...just use the London Subway instead..hahaha