Thursday, February 01, 2007

Almost There!!!!!!!!!!

I said goodbye to my favourite class, which is my first class today. They are a good bunch of kids and quite a few of them have either lived in an English speaking country at some time, or have travelled there regularly.

I could really get them laughing and they were a real fun bunch to teach. One of the kids June, has a father that is a brain stem research scientist. June has such an active mind and is always talking about bugs and science related stuff. He is a really nice kid and a typical kid at that age compared to any other kid in the world.

I bought three pizzas for the class and they all enjoyed filling their gobs. Then we just sat and talked and they had some drinks and some other snacks.

I decided that the daily quizzes that they have and their homework mark would be 10 out of 10 for everyone. We did the quiz together in class and I marked it after we had done it!!! They love that too!!!

Plus, we did the discussion questions, which I refer to as "disgusting questions," in class together too. They usually have 5 of them for homework, but I decided that none of my classes were getting homework on my last day.

I told them not to tell the teacher that we went through all the answers to the discussion question and let him think they did a perfect job on them.... haha.
I told them that their teacher will think they are perfect students, with 10 on the quiz and with the answers to the homework questions.
It was quite funny talking about that and all the kids split their sides thinking about what the new teacher will think.

Then I told them to imagine what he will feel like when they all get low scores on the next quiz!!!!!!!! Either he will think I was an awesome teacher or that he is a shit teacher. That was the whole idea, the joke being played that way. Oh well, they will have a good laugh about it even when I am gone.

I also taught them the "L" up against the forehead, for "loser." They loved that and another favourite word of theirs was, 'weirdo.'

I am doing the same for the other 2 classes that I have today and I did the same for yesterday's class and will do the same for my one class tomorrow.

My one class tomorrow is even better as it is a 3 day class, (Mon, Tue, Fri) and we don't have a quiz or anything. We just read a book together, so that will be a totally chilled out class.

Tonight I am moving my stuff over to Jeremy's place. I didn't get round to it this morning, as I got home at 5.30am after Dublin's and couldn't manage to get up.... lol.

I have almost all my stuff ready. I got some tape from work to tape a box together to store my pc tower and keyboard and other odds and ends in. It will only take me about 10 mins to move everything.

I am giving my dvd player to Rebecca and my garbage can. I am giving my washing line and iron (which I used once, I think!) to Danny at my school. All the rest of the stuff is gone and all I need for tomorrow is a what I am going to wear and my clothes for Saturday.

My flight is at 2pm our time, but I have to get the bus about 10am. It takes about an hour to get from Bundang to Incheon International Airport.

I am off to teach my second class now and then get the pizza across the street. Almost there!!!!!!!!!

No comments: