Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Look Who's Dating Now!


Last night I went to see Tyler play indoor football and I met his girlfriend Brigitte. She seems to be a very nice girl with a good attitude towards life. She is attending U.W.O. and is interested in sociology and wants to study criminology. Good for her! She is one of the 10 percent of students going to university in Canada; the national average, more or less.



Tyler and her met in grade 11 and have been going out since then. I guess it is about 2 and a half years. They must be serious about each other. I told Tyler not to get married at 21 like I did though..... haha.




Tyler and her seem to be a good couple. It was funny to see my son with a girlfriend, another first for me. They suit each other and they certainly look like a good couple in the picture....... lol.





We talked about a lot of things and of course I joked around a lot, which is different for me, isn't it?




Ulises came along for an hour or so and watched the game, which by the way Tyler's team drew 2-2 after being up 1-0 and 2-1. The last goal was a give-away to the other team. Tyler played in defence and played good. It is funny, he still runs the same way and stoops over like he always used to....... haha.




The pic below is one of Ulises, which I made by messing around with my camera. I still have loads to learn about it, but this was one part of the program that I didn't even know existed.






This is a pic of Tony who I used to play on the same team as, a long time ago. He is English and a good bloke. I met him after the game about 11.30 at Scot's Corner. We just chewed the fat and talked about what we were doing and how things were going.




His team played after Tyler's team. I guess there were 4 players sent off and it was quite a 'testosterone' game!!!!!!




Got a cab home from Scot's and it cost 11.50. Unbelievable when I think about it. It is only about a 10 min drive from downtown to Mum and Dad's house. The same cab in Korea would have cost 3 dollars!!!!!!!! No wonder people don't take taxis here. Supply and demand, I suppose.




I am picking up a rental car today at noon and have booked it for 2 weeks. I will be mobile and be able to get around anywhere I want. Dave and I agreed when we were back in Korea that we would rent a car and split everything down the middle.
That way we can get to and from anywhere without relying on anyone. We also will be heading up to Ottawa to see friends and Toronto also where my sister Jackie lives.
It is just a small compact Hyundae and it comes with unlimited mileage as long as I stay in the province.

No comments: