Monday, February 12, 2007

R.O.M.E.O.'s


I can't believe that I have been here a week already. I have done so much in the last week!

The weather is still freezing. It is hovering around -15 all the time. It hasn't gotten any warmer than -10 that is for sure.




I met up with my son again tonight. He picked me up after he got off work and we went and saw a movie; Norbit. It stars Eddie Murphy and I must say it was funny. Tyler and I both enjoyed it immensely.





We went for a coffee afterwards and just hung out. We are catching up on the last few years and the teenage years of his life, which I sadly missed out a lot on. Never mind though, we are filling in all the gaps and enjoying ourselves immensely doing it.




I am going to watch him play indoor soccer tomorrow night, which should be fun. He plays in the same league that I used to play in. It is at the old Soccer Magic way out on Dundas and Airport Rd.





I met up with a friend of mine, Shaun last night. We just hung out at his house and watched a dvd called "Punk Attitude." It was the history of Punk Rock and it was damned good.
Shaun is a total punk rocker and his house is a reflection of his style. There are a few pics that I have included of his apartment and look at his 'punk rock christmas tree!'




I slept over and then walked back to my Mum and Dad's house in the morning. A nice one hour walk in the -15 degree cold, but a good feeling. By the time I got home, I felt like an ice-cube.
On the way I passed the house that I used to own. There is a pic of it below. It is a big old house and was a triplex. Good old memories that I have moved on from........ lol.





In case you are wondering what the title of the blog means? My Dad meets a bunch of retired guys at Tim Horton's (Canadian icon coffee shop) every morning. They sit and chew the fat and generally take the piss out of each other. My Mum named them the 'R.O.M.E.O's; Retired Old Men Eating Out..........................lol.......................lol..................



No comments: