Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Nothin' Like Home Cookin' And Home Lovin'



Well, I got to Toronto at about 8pm, Canadian time and Mum, Dad, Jackie, Nuri, Katie and Jamie were there to greet me. It was a great feeling to finally see them all and it felt great to be back in the Great White North.



Freezing was not the right word to describe the temperature; more like the bleedin' Antarctic! I didn't mind though. At least I don't work outside in it anymore. It was -15 when I landed with a windchill, which made it feel like -28.






If that wasn't enough, the forecast called for the next 2 to 3 days to be even colder......welcome home, prodigal son......




I made it to bed about 12 midnight, but unfortunately didn't sleep worth a shit. Got up at about 8am on Sunday. Nuri was up too and he asked me if I wanted to go to Tim Horton's for a coffee.





Off we went and Nuri treated me to an extra large coffee and one of the new breakfast sandwiches that they are offering now.





Jackie, Mum, Dad and I left Oshawa at about 2pm to head back to London. We got back to London about 2.30pm and then we proceeded to do a little shopping for myself.





We went to a place called Skinners. It was a nice small place with some good deals and some nice clothes. Anyway, we walked out of there with 2 Spring jackets, a sweater, a nice dress shirt, and a pair of corduroy pants.......... it was to be only the beginning of a mass of shopping to come.





Slept much better on Sunday night. I went to bed at about 11pm and woke up at about 6am.... internal clock still was out of whack.





Monday morning, the family woke up and we had some breakfast and then headed out on our shopping bonanza. We decided that we would go to get my driver's licence renewed first.






We went to Exeter Rd, where we all thought the testing centre was. Well, it had moved.... about 3 kms further down the road.






The funny thing about it too is that the testing centre is now a private run enterprise. They are licensed by the government, but all the workers work for this private company that is a U.K. company that has a 10 year bid contract. Oh, how things change!!!!


Got my licence renewed for another 5 years minus the 'Z' air endorsment part, which I would have had to have written a test to get.... won't have any need for that in the future anyway. I just didn't want to lose the truck driver's licence. I only had to do a vision test despite the fact that my licence had been expired for a year and 2 months.
Off we went then to Costco. Wow, we found some great deals there. I bought some undershirts, underwear, some short sleeved shirts, socks, under-arm deodorant, vitamins, tylenol. Everything is in bulk of course and I stocked up on everything. I walked out of there with 320 dollars less in my pocket, but again, well worth it.




Next was to Masonville Mall. The first thing that I purchased was an adapter to charge my camera while I was here in Canada. The old chain of stores called Radio Shack have gone by the way and they are now called The Source.

I bought my adapter, which I will be able to use anywhere in the world for 35 dollars.

As we walked through to The Source, we passed through The Bay and noticed some really good deals on clothes as we passed through. We were to return and spend about 300 dollars there!!!!

After we bought the adapter, we went and bought a suitcase from Bentley's. It is a massive red suitcase and it is very deep. Exactly what I was looking for. It will hold all my clothes and anything else that I intend to take back to Korea via England, Ireland and Holland.

Anyway, that is part one for now. Will put another post on either tomorrow or the day after. It is damn cold, but am enjoying doing nothing and just hanging out with Mum and Dad.

Jackie went back to Oshawa this morning, so I will see her once I get up to Oshawa again sometime in the next couple of weeks.


She went back for an interview for a job that she hopes she gets. If she gets it, it will be closer to home, shit loads more of money and a better position, which she well deserves. They poacher her, not the other way round, so good luck to her tomorrow. I think she will get the job. Her interview is at 8.30am.... go girl, go girl!!!!!!!!!



No comments: