Monday, April 23, 2007

Korean Baseball Players' Salaries.

As I went to see a baseball game here in Seoul yesterday, Sara had asked me how much the players make. I wasn't sure, so I 'googled' it and here is a small article that I found. It is quite interesting to note that in baseball in Korea, there are quite a few older players, which is the opposite of the regular workforce here.

Usually, the cut-off at most of the companies is about 45 years old. The workers are retired by the company and do not have the option to carry on working. Of course, there is always the exception to the rule, but it is the norm. Therefore, a lot of the older fellas (if you think 45 is old!) drive taxis, have their own shops, billiard clubs, cafes and small businesses etc.

Click on the link here to read about the baseball players' salaries.
http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?biid=2007020974688

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.