Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sore Toes And Feet

Doing anything to the extreme comes with a negative effect. Mine this week, is sore toes and feet from running so much.

It is not debilitating or anything, just a little uncomfortable at times. I guess I can expect it after all the running I have done this week. Earlier this week, I ran 12kms and today I ran 10kms again. All in all, I think I am clocking an average of about 30kms a week.

A pic of a restaurant that was in Chinatown in London, England. Hey Stevie, bet you didn't know they were using your name! Actually it is the name of the street, Gerrard St.


All the running is done on a treadmill of course, which by the way is healthier than running long distances outside. Less pounding of the hips and knees and other joints. The surface on a treadmill has a shock-absorber built into it, so it takes a lot of the pounding out of running, especially long distance running.




I have a goal in mind for what weight and what size waist that I want to be and I just keep picturing myself like that while I run through all the pain barriers, which believe me there are lots of......haha.



My diet is the biggest improvement in my life lately. I am eating lots of vegetables and fruit and not going anywhere near fried foods or fatty foods. I am eating a lot of Korean dishes, which I love anyway. I have found a few places around here that have excellent dishes. I am eating bibimbap everyday, which is currently my favourite.

A pic of Bibimbap. It has lots of different things in it like shoots, beans, dried seaweed and other stuff I can't describe. The key to it is the red spicy sauce you mix into the ingredients and the hot boiled rice. It is very spicy and very very tasty.




I am also eating turkey and chicken breast and staying away from bread most of the time. It is not hard eating well and I enjoy my food a lot more than the fat ridden crap that I was eating before.



I am going to a baseball game today with Sara and Tom and a few other people. Not sure who all is going, but I am heading onto the subway and going to the Kangnam area, where the stadium is located. It is the same area where I went to see Metallica in concert last year.

No comments: