Thursday, April 05, 2007

Settling Into A Groove.

I have been in my new place over a week now and it is starting to feel like home. My roomate is not here during the week, so I only see her on maybe a Saturday or Sunday.
Pic of "The Arena," where Ajax where training the day we went. We watched them for about an hour and a half. Saw the likes of Jaap Staam, Edgar Davids, Snijder, Huntelaar etc......... All for free as well.
Pic of my cousin Peter and his wife Jackie who just had her surprise 40th a few days after I left Liverpool.....too bad! Would have been nice to have been there......maybe next time kiddo.


That suits me fine as I have more privacy and it feels like my own place. The only problem that I have right now is a bed. I have one of these blow-up beds that doesn't hold the air. I have to buy a box-spring and mattress in the foreseeable future as my back hurts a little when I wake up.
Pic of Uncle Dominic and I at his house in Liverpool where I stayed while I was there.


The bed has a bit of air in it, but not enough for my BIG body.......or fat body should I say!
Pic of a really cool entrance-way off the main street in a shopping area in Amsterdam.


Korea is funny as you get paid every month, so I have to wait until the end of April before I get any money. I was aware of this, but it is still hard to budget your money after a 7 week trip and no job to immediately come back to.
Cool pic of some statues in an area called, The Rembrandt Plein in Amsterdam. We went to a few places there. It has a lot of outside cafes facing the street and a tram running right around it. It looks very european.


I will be off to Japan again in the next couple of weeks for the one day/night visa run. Everytime that you change jobs here, you have to apply for a new visa through the next school and leave the country to go to the Korean Embassy outside the country to get your new visa. Red tape just as it is in every other country.


I am keeping at it at the gym. I am going everyday and my body is in total shock. I don't think there is one part of me that is not hurting. I also wore a new pair of shoes the other day and they tore the skin right off the back of my heel. It is blistering and then breaking and I am walking like an invalid.


I guess running doesn't help it a lot, but what can one do? I have a mission and I must stick to that mission......haha.


I am off to the gym now. It is 11.20am and I have nothing on the go until later this evening.


I gave my Liverpool scarf from Tokyo and my tea-towel with the words to "You'll Never Walk Alone" to Hollywood's last night. That is the local pub that I frequent now. I am also going to give them my "This is Anfield" banner too.


Euguene, the guy that runs the place, is Liverpool mad and he really appreciated me giving him some stuff. He put both things up on the wall right away last night.


Great win for Liverpool in the Champion's League. Barring a meltdown, we should be back in the semi-finals again. I hope we play Valencia who did very well against Chelsea at Chelsea, last night. Utd. also lost ,which I love and let's hope they get bounced out in the second leg as well as Chelsea.

No comments: