Sunday, April 08, 2007

Playing Football Again!



Yesterday was the first competitive game that I have played in over 16 months. I had done my elbow in and could not play for a good year or so and then I just had nowhere to play that interested me.

Thought this was a funny sign in England!





I got a call from an ex-teamate of mine, John Buckley, asking me if I was interested in playing in Suwon as they were short of players and needed the numbers. Of course, I said yes.

Anther pic of the canal in Amsterdam.




It it about an hour on the subway to Suwon and then from the station it was about 15mins in a taxi. I met John at the subway and then we went to the Suwon International University.




t was a brand new building complete with a brand new artificial turf field. The field was awesome, dead soft when you fell over on it, which I did a few times.....haha.



We were told that we were the first to ever play there, so that was kind of cool. We were told before we played that we could not swear, as it was at a christian college. We all did quite well, to tell you the truth.


We played one of the better teams out of Seoul and we thought we were going to get slaughtered. We ended up losing 4-3. We all played well although the other team well outplayed us, but we held our own, which is always good.


We started the game with 10 and their team gave us one of their players to play in defence. We also had a Korean goalkeeper who had never really done much goalkeeping, but he did a stellar job and tried his best just like the rest of our motley crew.


I was shattered by about the middle of the second half. We played 45 minute halves too, which was good too. One of the other players had a bum ankle and another one of our players hobbled off with about 10 mins to go. We all did well though and it was a very enjoyable game of football and a good afternoon out.


We all went to a little cafe/pub and had a few beers after the game. The Suwon team that played after us was treating everyone to some food. However, John and I wanted to head back to Itaewon, so we left just before the food came.


We took the bus back to Kangnam and then took a taxi from there to Itaewon. It was hard getting a taxi back from there as none of the Korean taxi drivers wanted the short fair. After some cursing and shouting, we finally found one and got back to Itaewon right quickly to watch the Liverpool match at Hollywoods.



I met Dave there with his friend, Hyung Mee. Billy was also there, but he was sitting at a table that only sat two and Dave and I and John were sitting at the bar. Didn't get to talk to Billy much, which usually happens when we run into each other for some reason......haha.


Ended up getting home pretty late and met some Bulgarian girls on the street and one Serbian girl, Mila. I got her number and she lives in Bundang. She is here studying Korean literature on a scholarship. I asked her if I could call her when I was in Bundgang and she said okay. Let's see if anything comes of that. She was very nice and spoke very good English. She was also very cute too!!!!!!!

Woke up this afternoon and then headed straight to the gym again. Exercise is in my blood now and like I said this is the start of losing 40 pounds. I mean that too. I am going to be so thin and stay that way for the rest of my life.

Manchester Utd lost, which is awesome and Chelsea won, so the title race is full on again. I would love anyone other than Utd to win the title that is for sure......can't stand that football team, especially the big fairy Ronaldo who had a shit game yesterday too.......hahaha.

1 comment:

tonight at noon said...

i was at a table that sat two? it sat four, i made a point to find one that provided me with such...
all you twats had to do was find some chairs for fuck sake! lol.

bg