Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Signed The Contract Today For My New Job

I met the recruiter at the subway stop close to my school that I am going to be working at and also met the other teacher that I will be working with. His name is Issiah and he is from America.

A pic of the entrance to Hollwood Grill. This is where all the games are televised live from the English Premier League. It is also my local now.






We went from the subway stop to the school and did all the official signings of the one year contract agreeements between the school and ourselves.


This is Eugene, one of the owners of Hollywood's. He is a Liverpool supporter and I have donated several of my memorabilia to him, which has been put into the bar on the walls.






I also had to take my degree, 2 photos, passport and an official sealed transcript of the marks from university. That is a must nowdays, which started about 3 or 4 years ago.


This is a pic of Sunny who is the main waitress during the week at the bar. Great girl and really good bartender/waitress. Hollywood's offers a full menu as well as liquid refreshments.





All the signed documents are then taken to immigration by the principal of the school and the recruiter, to apply for an E2 Teaching Visa.


This is a pic of J.J. He is a regular at Hollywood's and knows Eugene's family very well. The other owner, Sean, J.J. knows the family very well, too. He is a tailor and has his own shop in Itaewon. He loves to gamble and drink, by the way.......lol.





It usually takes a week to get approved and then off you go to any Korean Embassy outside of the country. Once you are there, there is a pre-sent document to the Embassy, which is processed once you go there and present your passport. You drop off your passport the one day and then pick up your passport the next day. You also need a photo to put on the official document there too. The Embassy then puts a big invitation visa inside of your passport and then once you get back to Korea, you must present it at customs and then within a week or so go back to immigration to recieve your 'Alien Card.'


This is a pic of the table where a lot of poker playing goes on, especially on the weekend. Some big money changes hands there a lot of the time. Hollywood's takes 5 percent of the money that you win when you cash in your chips. Gambling has never interested me, but J.J. is playing there all the time.




It is actually called an alien card, but your require this to work legally in the country and must present it if immigration ever shows up at your school or the police stop you for any reason. It is the same size as any bank card, but has your picture and school name and address on it. All red tape of course, but a must at any school that wants you to teach there full-time.
A pic of the tea-towel with the words to "You'll Never Walk Alone" on it. Right above the bar, thank you!
I will be going to Japan by the sounds of it- if immigration processes the information in a week like they usually do, next Thursday and then come back Friday. I will be going together with the other teacher, Issiah, which will be nice for a change instead of going it alone.
If you look carerfully under that metal exhaust duck, you can see a blue scarf on the wall. That is the scarf that I got from Tokyo when I went to see Liverpool play in The World Club Championships.
Not much else going on, looking forward to working on April 30th and making some money plus being kept busy. My job is great by the way; I will be working Monday to Thursday from 1.50pm to 5.30pm. I get every Friday off and only work those hours all the time. That will leave me loads of time for myself and allow me to chill out from the kids once in a while.




The only drawback-if there is one, is that the school is about 50 minutes on the subway from my house. Well, you have to take the good with the bad, right!



No comments: