Thursday, May 11, 2006

And The Beat Goes On!!!!

First of all, I am a little bit of a hockey fan. I do keep up with the latest goings on; somewhat!
I can't believe that Detroit lost in the first round of the playoffs. Well, that is not the first time they have had the best record overall in the league and then choked in the playoffs.



The other surprise is Ottawa. I thought for sure that with their nemesis, Toronto, out of the playoffs, they would go on to win the whole thing. It is not looking too good for them right now, as they are down 3 games to 0 to Buffalo. Let's hope they can come back and win 4 straight, but I don't hold up much hope. When I was back in Toronto in 2004, I tried to buy an Ottawa Senator's hockey shirt, but I couldn't find one that 'didn't choke!' Hahahaha.... maybe the same thing is going to happen this time around.

On another note, this week has been a little busier than usual due to one of our teachers being sick yesterday. Lyndsey had been sick since the weekend and had to drag herself into school as we don't have any spare teachers, which sucks!!! We had the speaking tests on Monday and Tuesday, so the workload was okay. Lyndsey even took 5 stacks of test essays so she could go home rather than stay here. Yesterday though, she couldn't stay, she was so sick. She went home and the rest of the teachers had to pick up her classes. So yesterday, I had to teach 4 straight one hour and 20 minute classes with a 5 minute break between each one. It is literally 5 hours straight of teaching and talking. It is ludicrous really, but what can you do?

I do this every Tuesday and Thursday in a normal week, but yesterday was an added bonus, so 3 days straight.

Scott is going on holiday on Saturday to Thailand and Avalon have not bothered to get a replacement for him, so we have to pick up his classes for the whole week. That means that next week I have 4 straight days of 4 classes and no breaks everyday. The only day that I have a break is Friday.

It sucks really and shows the lack of organization by Avalon. I am not angry, just realistic about how Korean schools work when they have to think 'outside the box!' By the way, they never do and it is internationally known that they are the most reliable workers, but do not get promoted very often when they work abroad due to this fact.

I read a few articles that were actually published in the Korean newspapers about this very fact. Written by Korean writers too!!!! So, needless to say next week will be a pain in the arse and my mouth will be worn out...... yeah right, that is not possible......


Did you hear? Jesus is going to come again someday! I know, it is fantastic news isn't it? I have just picked up a book that I think will definitely prove it and explain things very clearly for those that find it a little confusing; that whole three part thing or whatever it is; father, son and holy spirit? Well, anyway, check it out and let me know what you think about it. Not sure how much it is, but it will be money well spent and a great read!!!!!!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»