Friday, May 19, 2006

A Bit Of Hope For The England Team!

Arsenal lost the Champion's League final, which is okay in my books! Sorry, but it goes way back to when Wenger, the Arsenal manager, had the dirtiest team in the Premiership for about 3 years in a row. I didn't like his tactics and it was the time that Vieira had all his trouble with red cards and the like.I know they are an English team and I should have supported them, but there are 2 other teams that are on my list also for non-support. They are Chelsea and Manchester Utd. Okay, Man U, I would hate no matter who their manager was, but I still wanted them to win against Bayern Munich..... I think because of the historic impact in the past!


I don't like arrogant managers and Wenger, Ferguson and Morinho are 100 percent arrogant.There was what I termed as a 'baby war' going on between Wenger and Ferguson for a few years! Wenger is not as bad as the other two, but like I said, there are other variables why I dislike him.



The players on all the teams, I have no real dislike for as they are all good players and give their all, 100 percent of the time. I didn't like what Neville did against Liverpool, running to the area where all the Liverpool supporters were and kissing his badge on his shirt. He got fined for his actions, by the way. They beat us in time added on in a league game, so he was a little chuffed to say the least. But overall, I don't mind any of the players.


The hope that I felt while watching the Champions League final, was the fact that Sol Campbell scored and looked good in central defence and also Ashley Cole played the whole game and played very well. That is awesome news for the England squad. I think maybe Ashley Cole will start for the team while Campbell or Ferdinand will play beside John Terry.

I hope that England will play in the World Cup the way they play in their own domestic league, which hasn't always been the case in these big showcase tournaments. England need to play the same way the club teams play; fast, furious and with 100 percent passion. If England plays that way, I think we could be World Cup Champions on July 9th!!!!!

By the way, I wanted to add that most of the football images that I have on my site are from the soccernet.com website. Some of the other images are from all kinds of different sites. I am going to give the websites addresses on my future posts of any photos that I use. I think it is important that people know who takes these photos even though this blog is for my own personal use.

The England flag photo was taken from the following web-site, which also has pics of the 1966 World Cup with Bobby Moore lifting the trophy:

http://www.art.com/asp/display-asp/_/ID--11630/bobby_moore.htm?TNID=1&ui=4C6B33FFB50745E6830DC392C124104C

No comments: