Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Little Bored Waiting Around



As I said yesterday, we have speaking tests going on right now. Today's problem is that I came into work at 2.30pm and have no essays to mark or speaking tests until 6.55pm!!!
Oh well, I guess the break is welcome, but as usual I always get bored just sitting around. I like to be a little busy and then the time seems to pass a little quicker.

Further news on Rob, my friend whose dad is critically ill. He asked the university in Ulsan how long he could get off work to go and see his dad. They told him 'one week!' How ridiculous is that?



Anyway, needless to say he is quitting and going back to Canada next Monday. He has now said that he is going to go back to university and do a fourth year to get his honors and then maybe do a masters degree. He had mentioned about going back to school about a year or so ago, so this will work well with his returning to Canada.

He seems to be okay with everything, but how can you really tell? He is going to come down here as he is flying out of Incheon airport in Seoul. The airport is only about a one hour bus ride from Bundang. He thinks he might be coming on Saturday, if not then he will come on Sunday. He will stay at Dave's house and is more than welcome.


He now has to flog or give away his stuff that he has accumulated over the last few years. He doesn't have much really as he was always very particular about buying anything and really wasn't sure if he was going to stay here or not. He has a tv and a fish tank with fish and an old computer plus some plants. Other stuff is minimal so he might just give a bit away.




Sometimes in life 'crap' just happens and other times like what is happening to my friend right now tests us to the best of our abilities and we have to make the best of a bad or terrible situation. I think Rob is doing the right thing and things will turn out no matter what. He will get to spend some time with his dad and brother and ' do the right thing.' I would like to wish for a miracle, but being the realist that I am, I don't generally hold any hope in situations that are medically judged.

Good luck to you Rob, I hope that you have the strength and courage to go through this awful time in your life and see you in Canada when I go there in February to visit my family.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.