Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Found A Public Bath That Is Open 24 Hours!!!!


This pic here shows how Seoul has managed to integrate the 'big city' with 'leisure areas.' There are places like this all over Seoul and even more of them in Bundang.

Well, the good news is that now I can start going to the public bath again. The only one that I knew of that was close to me, was only open until 9pm or so. I finish work at 10pm, so I was kind of shit out of luck! I am heading there tonight on my way home. I can't wait to sweat in the sauna and soak in the whirlpool again. It is only about 5 dollars and everything is provided there for you; towels, soap and toothbrush and razor are only about a dollar each.



Kyoung Hee and I found one on our walk on the weekend to Carrefour ( a French department store that is very popular in Korea.) It is literally across the street from our building, but hidden so well that you can't see it unless you walk way away from it or look up about 30 feet into the air. That is one of the tips that I give any new that comes here; always look up, if you don't you can miss a hell of a lot of things! This pic shows how high the signs are and the amount of signs there are!



I have some pics below of areas in and around Bundang, which Lyndsey kindly allowed me to take off of her blog! Isn't it great sharing things with your friends!



This one is a nice shot of the style of most of the side-streets in Bungang. Pretty don't you think?

This is the usual style for the walk-ways between apartment buildings. Remember, people here mostly live in apartments. Again, quite pretty this time of year.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks well looked after! Very clean!

Anonymous said...

actually....they're ALL my pictures...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.