Sunday, November 05, 2006

Argy Bargy......... Nudge Nudge....... Bang Bang!

The title kind of sums up what I feel like today! So many people today stepping right in front of me, banging my bag, clicking my heels...... drove me nuts for while, but I took a deep breath and now I am over it.

I went to the gym to relieve some frustration and it worked wonderfully. I am slowly getting back to my old strength now..... took a while, but I am getting there. I actually bench pressed 215lbs today twice and nice clean ones too, no cheating.

I did flys with 45lbs in each hand and had a really good tricep workout, then ran 2 kms.... I felt so good afterwards. Soaked in the cold bath and went in the sauna for 4 goes at 5mins a piece. I walked out of the public bath a new man.


Had a great turkey breast sandwich complete with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, onions and hot peppers at Subway. There is one just a five minute walk from my place. Just what I needed to!

The Liverpool game last night was a load of shite. It was so so boring. Although we won, I hated Reading's tactics of 5 at the back. It meant that Sammy Hyppia must have crossed the half way line more in one game than in his whole career. It was a shite game to watch and Reading should be ashamed of themselves for playing that way.

As the ESPN commentators said, "It was just damage control!"




The Everton game on the other hand, was much more enjoyable to watch. What a strange game though! Everton were all over Fulham for the first half and really should have had 2 or 3 goals, but poor finishing let them down. The second half was the exact opposite, Fulham were all over Everton and scored the only goal of the game, via a deflection. Everton almost got the goal back at the end of the half except for a fantastic double save by Niemi off of Andrew Johnson or AJ as he is referred to commonly now by the commentators.

Tonight is Tottenham vs Chelsea and I personally would love to see Spurs put one over on Chelsea. Man U won again last night too...... the bastards........ 20 years for Ferguson as manager on Tuesday, quite an accomplishment even if I hate him. I only hate him in a rival sense of course. I have been listening to the ESPN squad and everyone raves about him as a football person. He has helped a lot of managers over the years, supposedly and continues to do it today. As an ambassador for the sport, I guess he ranks up there with the best of them.

I guess that is why he got the knighthood..... but come on, Sir Alex?...... still irks me to this day..........

Dave and I are meeting up later to watch the match. Don't know where yet, but more than likely Dublin's again. I have actually only been there once in the last 3 weeks, bit of a rarity for me like!!!

The weather here is getting a little cool at night, but I am sure compared to Canada, it is nothing. During the day it is beautiful and feels like Fall or early Spring. I am not complaining about the weather here, that is for sure.

I am itching still for the next 3 months to fly by. Dying to see my Mum and Dad and our Jackie, Nuri and the kids. Can't come fast enough. I guess once November ends, it should be all downhill from there.

Trying to save as much money as I can (about a hundred dollars) so I can spoil them all rotten when I get back there...... I can hear my Dad now, saying, "Yeah right, cheap arse!!!!!" Hehe.

Hey an old dog can learn new tricks, you know! I think they can anyway?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul watched Liverpool too and we said they did enough to win and think they had no choice as Reading set up there format but at least they won.You sound well and I love that albino picture!!!what made you want to dye your eyebrows? is it because you are going grey or did you do it just for the fun of it? (Mental)!!!It can't come quick enough for all of us you coming home and as you say once November is over it will fly over.We are watching Chelsea today and like you hope they get beat. Love you and miss you. Mum oxoxo