Thursday, November 16, 2006

In Korea, Don't Eat Around Your Students!



One of the most annoying thing sometimes when you are at the school is when you decide to go outside and eat some food while they kids are leaving and either going to get the school bus or a public bus. The reason is that they come up to us foreigners and say, "Teacher, teacher, I am hungry, please buy me, please give me, please oh please, hungry, really want, give, give!!!!!"


I was told that they don't do it to the Korean teachers, which makes me wonder why and also what do they think they are playing at. It just goes to show you how different the kids act towards us foreign teachers. It is only a small thing, but speaks in volumes about other things that frustrate us as teachers here in Korea.


I have been carrying something into the office from the store next door or the food stand and had the kids literally surround me to beg for food. They are unbelievable and it is really really aggravating when that happens.


I make sure now that I go out a few minutes after the kids have left the school and make sure that I don't walk back into the office at the same time as the kids are getting let out. Again, pretty sad really when you think of having to do that because of the snotty nosed little kids. You would think that they had never eaten before too.


Mind due, the Korean teachers when they see food come into the office courtesy of Avalon, are like flies on shit and hoot and holler just because food is there and then they all flock like vultures on a fresh corpse. It is quite disturbing at times. Again, you would think they had never eaten before except these are grown adults!!!!!!!
Today was a good day. I am on cruise control now as Fridays, I only have 2 classes. I will go and have a sauna tonight, but not work out as I will be going to the gym for a nice long run tomorrow at about 11am. If I worked out tonight, I would still be too sore at that time to run tomorrow.
Can't believe that it is Thursday already. The week really has flown by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too right mate, really annoying. Just as is whenever you put something on your desk eg. a pencil, they all have to rush over and touch it!

Stu