Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's Just Gotten Ridiculous, Don't You Think?



Today I was on the bus and also in a taxi. At different times of the day, of course. On the bus, the bus driver was talking on a cell phone while driving and in the taxi the driver talked the whole time that he drove me to my destination. It is incredible that they are even allowed to do it, which I think they are not.

Not only is it dangerous because their cell phone isn't even hands-free, but it is also annoying because most of them talk really really loud when they are on it and I don't want to listen to some guy talk to his friend or wife while I am sitting on the bus or in a taxi. Do you have an opinion on this? Is it just me or are cell phones starting to take over the world? Leave a comment as I would love to hear what other people have got to say!






There is a fine here for anyone driving and talking on a cell phone... about 30 dollars for each incident, but it is not policed very well. I think there should be something done about it for sure. This is by far not the first time that this has happened. It has happened lots of times and I am sure will continue to go on, as long as they are allowed to get on with it.
It has been a while since I have been back to Canada so I would like to know if it is becoming a problem there. I know that drivers were doing it before I left, but bus drivers and taxi drivers??????????

This is the new converter by JVC just out of their factory and they can't keep up with the orders. They are backlogged by 2 years already and the waiting list keeps getting longer. Only problem is that it costs $100, 000 for each one...... men are willing to pay it though. It is called the JVC, model number OOOIWANNA.





Dave and I are going to watch both games from the Premiership live on ESPN with full English commentary. I am not sure which game is second, but the first game is Man City vs Newcastle. Both teams have been struggling of late and desperately need a win to put them back on track.




Newcastle are sat in the bottom three; the relegation zone, which is a shocker. Most people are not aware of what a huge club Newcastle are.The team is steeped in tradition and passion for the game of football. If they don't pick up soon, the fans are going to be absolutely livid. Glen Schroeder may be the first casualty of the season as far as firing managers goes, although the chairman at the club has given him his full backing.



Dave and I are going to have some barbecued low fat pork at one of the places around my apartment. Actually we have been there a few times and it is a good place. The meat we are going to eat is called "Daeji Kalbi" which literally means "pork meat."

The other type of pork that is popular here more than kalbi is "Samgyop Sal," which literally means "three layers of fat!" I have not eaten any of that for over 5 months now. It is just like bacon except a little thicker and a little fatter.... seriously!!!!!!!!






Cleaned my apartment from top to bottom today. Put in a load of washing, washed all my dishes and emptied all the garbage cans. Cleaned the toilet, sink and gave the bathroom a good going over... .shit that reminds me, I forgot to clean the mirrors in there, gotta go and do that now while I am thinking on. I have a great memory; it is just very short.


Big game tomorrow. Liverpool vs Arsenal. Liverpool have to have a good game to make up for the debacle they had against Man U. If we win, I want to win with grace and style and want the team to play good football.

Arsenal are going to be pissed as they lost to West Ham Utd in the last few minutes of their last game. They also have not qualified yet for the group stages of the Champions League because they couldn't score against CKSA Moscow despite having golden opportunities to do so. I hope they suck tomorrow against Liverpool.

The time difference here now with the extra hour behind sucks a little because now most of the games are starting at midnight and if there are some weekday games, they don't start here until like 4.45am.

But, as usual, I will be up at anytime to watch the Reds and especially if it is Champions League or against one of the big clubs in the Premiership.


2 comments:

Kyle said...

yeah- i can remember riding on the bus several times and noticing the driver talking on his phone- not the best thing to see- especially considering how wrecklessly they drive some times.
also- i like that remote control. how does one go about ordering it?

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to post something like this on my website and this gave me an idea. Cheers.