Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Fast Has Ended..........54 Hours.... Tank Cleaned



The fast ended last night at 10pm after I finished work. I was meeting Dave for a drink, so I decided that it was long enough and also I did feel like eating something.


My stomach feels great. It does feel cleaner and I feel like I am a little emptier around the mid-section.




I ate some "Odeng" which is like a small thin sheet of cardboard, but is really crushed fish.... quite healthy. This particular type was the spicy type and the odeng sits in a broth of spicy crab and other peppers and such. It is really cheap too.... costs a dollar for two of them. The odeng is on a skewer stick and you chew it while it is on the stick. It is a very popular and common food here in Korea and they even have restaurants that sell just odeng. You usually brush the non-spicy odent with soya sauce that is provided in a bowl right at the stand where it is sold. Below is not a picture of it, but I found this pic on a website that shows one of the staple beers that they drink here in Korea. Take the "C" out of Cass, what you got? "ASS!"





This picture is a good reflection of the side dishes that I have mentioned in Korea. They are usually all complimentary and refills are free too. This is just a small picture and only shows a few side dishes. Sometimes space on the table is a problem especially if you are drinking water and beer and other beverages. It is quite cool though when you have such a big variety of food to pick away at. They are usually very healthy foods too.
There is a picture at the bottom of the blog where you sit on the floor and eat the Korean style that shows the space issue that I mentioned.


Liverpool won last night. They beat Birmingham 1-0. Not a convincing result, but it sounds like Bellamy played well and missed a few chances, but is over his injury. There was however a bit of bad news. Mohammed Sissoko will be out for a while, which is a big loss to the midfield. He has a dislocated shoulder and that will take a while to heal. Maybe now Gerrard will move back into the central role and be able to wander, more like he has in the past. Too bad for Sissoko though.


The other big guns in the league; Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham all won. It will be interesting to see who we get drawn against in the next round of the Carling Cup. I hope we stay away from the other big teams until at least the semi-final. I would love to get Southend or Wycombe.


No comments: