Monday, November 13, 2006

Taking A Week Off From Everything To Recharge My Batteries!


I decided today to take one week off from the gym and have some early nights to recharge my batteries. I am feeling a little rundown right now and am pushing myself too hard. I thought about this last week, but after the weekend, decided that I don't want to burn myself out.


I am taking a one week total break away from anything that takes extra energy out of me. I am going to go to the sauna tonight and soak my bones and enjoy the warm whirlpool and cold bath.


My Mum said a couple of weeks ago that I need to be careful about not overdoing it and I am going to heed her advice and try a one week trial. I am going to just pamper myself with good food and good rest. Let's see how I feel and then take it from there.

Plus. I am sure that after one week away from the gym, I will be itching to get back and workout and run.
Today and tomorrow are speaking test days at my school. That means that our schedule is great. We don't teach any classes, but have to mark essays and of course give speaking tests to some of the classes.
It is all organized for us and each student usually has to answer 4 or 5 questions from two assigned units that they have been told to study. It is in a classroom with only 5 seats facing the teacher and the kids just sit in the seats with no desks of course and listen to the questions and answer them. We have our own marking sheets with the students names on them.
We mark them on comprehension, interaction, pronunciation and accuracy of answer. They get a maximum of 10 points for each section, but it is an overall mark for the way they answer the questions given to them.
It is quite fun and the kids are quite cute to watch, as they get so nervous sometimes while they are sitting there. They are not allowed to talk to each other and they get marked on moving or fidgeting while they are sitting down. That is part of the interaction mark and it also includes how comfortable they seem to be with the whole test experience.
The only thing that is a little frustrating is marking the essays that they are given by the Korean teachers. The English is so bad sometimes and we have to mark the essays for every student that is at the school that day. It is divided between all of the foreign teachers of course, but it is quite fair, but still a pain in the brain.

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

I'll give you until wednesday night...you'll be back at the gym..it's too addicting